Jan. 2014: web siteNew screenshots show the functions of the software.
Feb. 2013: release 0.25More details can be found here.
Oct. 2012: release 0.24.1More details can be found here.
Oct. 2012: web siteThe project site was redesigned and reworked.
Welcome to Homer ConferencingHomer Conferencing (short: Homer) is a free SIP softphone with advanced audio and video support. The software is available for Windows, Linux and OS X. Homer was developed as tool for video conferences and as streaming platform. The basic functions of Homer are separated into the following 4 application areas: video conferencing, streaming, recording, screencasting.
|OS X (64bit)||0.25||Download
disc image (DMG)
|Gentoo (32/64bit)||0.25 /
"homer" in the category "net-voip".
- Graphical user interface for Windows Linux and OS X
- Multi-language support: English, German
- Published under GPL2 license
- SIP based peer-to-peer video/audio/text chat
- SIP server based conferences with unlimited participant count
- Streaming of local video/audio files during conferences
- Recording of video/audio data from device/network
- Screencasting of current desktop content
- Multi-core oriented software using the capabilities of recent cpu's
- Playlist formats: m3u, pls, wmx
- Contact list format: xml
- Conference management via SIP/SDP
- Transmission of multimedia data based on RT(C)P, UDP/TDP/UDP-Lite/SCTP, IPv4/IPv6
- Single video/audio transmissions: sending and receiving (including playback function)
- Configurable port assignment
- NAT traversal
- Streaming codecs: H.261, H.263(+), H.264, MPEG 1/2/4
- Capturing inputs: desktop screen, cameras, video capture devices
- File formats: asf, avi, bmp, dv, flv, jpg, jpeg, m4v, mkv, mov, mpg, mpeg, mp4, mp4a, m2t, m2ts, ogv, png, swf, vob, wmv, 3gp
- Video resolutions from 128*96 to 1920*1080 pixels
- Recording formats: avi, m4v, mov, mp4, 3gp
- Screenshot formats: bmp, jpg, pgm, png, ppm, xbm, xpm
- Streaming codecs: G.711 a/u-law, G.722 adpcm, PCM16, MP3
- Capturing inputs: microphones, other audio capture devices
- File formats: asf, avi, m4v, mka, mkv, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, mpeg, m2ts, ogg, swf, vob, wav, wmv, 3gp
- Audio bit rates from 32 kBit/s to 256 kBit/s
- Recording formats: mp3, wav
- 32/64 bit processor with 2 Ghz (4 cores with 3 Ghz are recommended for high qualitative video streaming). The OS X version can only be used on 64 bit processors.
- For Windows: Windows 2003 (Windows 7 recommended)
- For Linux: Linux kernel 2.6 (Linux kernel >= 3.1 recommended)
- For Mac Hardware: OS X Lion (OS X Mountain Lion recommended)